A compendium of toothsome ideas

The following are pieces of thoughts that have become lodged in my teeth. Some have been chewed for a long time (at least a minimum of forty chews), whilst others are minute raspberry seeds of notions, resistant to tooth-picks and tongues.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Raccoon that ate Neil Young

In the lead up to carving my very first pumpkin for Halloween, I sought to find an inspiration that encapsulated the harvest spirit, the role of the moon and a distinctly Canadian sense. What better than a jack o lantern paying homage to Neil Young's iconic Harvest Moon album! Armed with a nine dollar carving kit, I set about realising my vision.
Upon completing the pumpkin I placed it on the back deck. Not for a moment did I suspect that in such a good neighbourhood there would be the presence of a rabid Lynyrd Skynyrd fan, a raccoon hell bent on exacting his southern revenge on the Canadian songsmith. The image above shows the pumpkin Neil Young in happier times, minutes before his untimely demise.

No comments: